Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Treetop Drummers

Just came home from a sunset swim in Lake Lundsjön. An arm of the Baltic is much nearer, but also much colder. Lundsjön is beautiful and well worth the bike ride past the golf course.

On my way through the woods to the cliff where myself and my wife like to jump in, I heard the drumming of a woodpecker from a Scotch pine. Stealing closer to the tree, I noticed that there were two Great Spotted Woodpeckers up there (Dendrocopos major, Sw. större hackspett). They paid no attention to an earthbound creature like me. I embraced the tree and put my ear to the bark, feeling and listening to the haphazard counterpoint of their drumming. First time I've tried that, and I look forward to doing it again!

[More blog entries about , ; .]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker