One of the two journals I have the pleasure to edit, Fornvännen
, celebrates its centenary this year. We marked volume 100 with a seminar in Stockholm last autumn, the proceedings of which have just appeared as a special issue of the journal. Here are the contents.
[More blog entries about Fornvännen, archaeology, Sweden; Fornvännen, arkeologi.]
- Evert Baudou on the state of Swedish archaeology in 1906, with an emphasis on Oscar Almgren's and Oscar Montelius's activities.
- Stig Welinder on Fornvännen's importance for the country's first female archaeologists.
- Kerstin Lidén on the use of methods from the natural sciences in Fornvännen.
- Lars Larsson on Stone Age studies in Fornvännen.
- Thomas B. Larsson on Bronze Age studies in Fornvännen.
- Ingmar Jansson on Ture J. Arne and Fornvännen's contacts with the East.
- Lena Liepe on studies of Medieval art in Fornvännen.